An overall winner will be selected from all ROSE Award finalists from one of these major categories, please note suggested job titles to submit for consideration for each category below.
Valet or Bell/Door Person, Cashier, Reservations, Guest Services/Concierge, Visitor Information Service Personnel, Front Desk
Servers (fine dining, casual dining, banquet/catering), Bartenders, Host/Hostess
Tour Guides/Hosts, Retail Sales Associate, Guest Services/Concierge, Visitor Information Service Personnel, Reservations, Security Personnel who interface with guests
BEHIND THE SCENES
Attractions & Accommodations
Room attendant, Housekeeper, Security & Back of the House Personnel, Retail Sales Associate
Sous Chefs, Food Production, Food & Beverage Support, Catering, Back of the House Personnel
Drivers, Reservations, Parking Cashier
Guest Services, Concierge, Visitor Information Service Personnel, Retail Sales Associate, Visitor Information Service Personnel
Assistants, Event Coordinators or Managers, Convention Services
LOUISVILLE TOURISM RISING STAR
This new award is specifically for either back of house or front of house hospitality professionals under 35 who are up-and-coming leaders in our industry...candidates must exemplify ongoing exceptional growth and demonstrate to be a proven leader. Suggested characteristics below:
- Nominations must show evidence of the candidate’s significant contributions to their organization, resulting in positive and successful outcomes for Louisville Tourism.
- Nominations must show evidence of the candidate's portfolio of work and subsequent successes that point to increasing levels of responsibility, both internal and external to the organization.
- Candidates for this award must be nominated by another member of his/her organization.
- Candidates should demonstrate success in pushing the boundaries of traditional destination marketing. Candidates must possess the qualities an innovator who thinks outside the box. Applications must provide examples for how their nominee has influenced their organization’s marketing efforts.
- Candidate should already be or plan to become a Certified Tourism Ambassador.
A 2019 Spirit of Hospitality Award overall winner will be selected to receive an overall award and $1,000 grand prize sponsored by the Louisville Hotel Association.